At Barley Fields Primary School – we are a family.
Barley Fields Primary is a larger than average primary school in Ingleby Barwick , Stockton. Our aim is to offer a safe, supportive and challenging environment where we take children on a learning journey from the ages of 3-11. We ensure everybody has the opportunity to reach their full potential as learners and are fully inclusive in our provision. We believe that when a child feels safe, happy and secure they excel, and our staff work extremely hard to provide and nurture this environment for our children. Progress – academically, socially and emotionally is central to everything we do.
We offer a high standard of education and the behaviour and attitudes demonstrated by children in school is exemplary. We strive to achieve excellence in all aspects of school life and are deeply committed to working in partnership with parents from the very beginning of a child’s time here.
As a school we pride ourselves on the quality and breadth of our bespoke curriculum. This is designed to cater for all children – regardless of gender, race or level of intellectual skill. As well as being academically demanding, our curriculum is devised to promote growth mind-set principles, incorporate the Rights of the Child and aims to develop our children into confident, self-motivated and resilient learners. It is also designed to promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, social, cognitive and physical development of each child.
Our school is a family built on positive partnerships between school, children, parents, governors, the local community and the wider world. We…
- aim to create a warm, safe and happy environment where children feel valued and inspired to learn;
- will safeguard the needs of all children and promote their mental health and emotional wellbeing;
- have the highest standards for both learning and behaviour; we will encourage all children to achieve to their full potential;
- aim to create active and resilient learners who develop a ‘growth mindset’;
- persevere when faced with challenge and have pride in their achievement;
- will offer a broad, rich, creative and challenging curriculum, which is fun and accessible to all.
Our School family will respect the rights of every child as enshrined in the UNCRC and promote the Global Goals for Sustainable Development by:
- nurturing self-respect, courtesy, good manners and a caring attitude towards others;
- encouraging children to celebrate and value diversity and difference;
- showing tolerance and respect for all cultures and religions as well as respecting and promoting fundamental British values;
- ensuring the voices of all children are heard – no matter how small;
- developing global citizens who grow up with a sense of responsibility for our planet and for one another.
Please feel free to make an appointment with our school administrator if you would like to learn more about our school.